Rise up, you women who are at ease, And hear my voice; Give ear to my word, You complacent daughters (Isaiah 32:9).
Unfortunately for some, settling or complacency becomes a lifestyle. No longer is there any drive to activate their God-given purpose. The books never get written, the songs never get sung, the businesses never get started.
What God has deposited in you needs to be activated. God has a purpose for your life. There is a job on this earth you were born to do. You are leaving a void unfilled when you allow complacency to set in. When complacency settles in the work God is doing in us takes longer our progress is slower.
We are warned in Proverbs about being complacent. It says, for the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them” (Proverbs 1:32, NIV). There is no benefit to complacency, it destroys us.
If you are feeling complacent, here are a few question to think about and write in your journal.
- Describe the last time you felt energized to pursue your God-given dreams?
- What caused you to quit trying to achieve it?
- What has changed since then?
- How would you feel if another year goes by and finds you the same place you are now?
- What do you need to do to change your situation now?
- How will you ensure that you don’t fall back into the same pattern?
This post is a part of a 30-day blogging consistency challenge. See all other posts here. Don’t forget to subscribe for fresh inspiration weekly!